Before reading Karma quotes, you should know what the meaning of karma is. “Karma” is now a popular word in the western world. Although many people know it, but most of them don’t have a clear idea about karma and how it does work. If you have proper knowledge of karma, you will find a new way of life.
But if you don’t know what is Karma, then you can also get some ideas about karma from the ‘karma quotes”. Here I am giving a short introduction of Karma.
The word “Karma” is originated from the Sanskrit word. The simple meaning of this word is action. Some say it instead of luck, fate. Some explain it as ‘the cause and effect’. But in a deep concept, it is a more complex ideology.
How does karma work in life?
As the word “Karma” comes from eastern religions like Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, and Sikhism, it is totally connected with spiritualism in the eastern world. It is believed that your past and present works affect your life, more clearly, the quality of your present life and future life. That means if you do good deeds, it will create good karma and it will bring happiness in your life. Consequently, evil deeds bring bad luck or sufferings. It is a simple explanation of how does karma work in our life.
But in the western world, the meaning is quite different. Here, in the modern world, the idea or concept of karma is not so much spiritual where karma is influenced by deeds. Rather people believe that our present work has an impact on our life.
12 Laws of Karma
Related to Karma, the word ‘Lesson’ is more appropriate than ‘Law’. Because all of these 12 laws of karma are not abjectly ‘laws’, rather it can be more like ‘lessons’. All these laws are deeply connected with the circular chain of life.
The 12 laws of Karma are shortly described below:
1. The great law
Its simple meaning of this law is that we will get what we did. Whatever we do in our life, we will get the result. It can be positive or negative. For example, if you plant an acorn, an oak will grow. That means, if you want love in your life, you have to be loving.
2. The law of creation
Nothing happens if you don’t try. The law says that if you want something in your life, you have to work for it. Without your activeness, only waiting can bring nothing into your life.
3. The law of humility
Before change something, you must accept the truth or reality of those things. Life is full of ups and downs. There are many unwanted things come in our life. Because of those troubles, if you blame someone, you will never be free from that. So accepting reality is the only way to move forward.
4. The law of growth
At first, change yourself, then everything will change. That is the meaning of this law. Without improving yourself, you can’t change anything. So you need to learn how to control the mind as well as yourself. Once you have the ability to control yourself, your entire world will change. You will see a great positivity in life.
5. The law of responsibility
The good and bad things that you experience in your life is because of you. No one is responsible for your hard times. If you look inside rather than outside, you will think deeply to do or select anything.
6. The law of connection
The connection of present, past, and future. You can make things right by present deeds and it will make your future bright. And also a positive step of the present can decrease the bad effect of past evil works.
7. The law of focus
The mind can’t think two different thoughts at the same time. So you should focus on a single good thought rather than multiple thoughts. If you have multiple thoughts, you can try to put them in one line so that the mind can track them easily.
8. The law of giving and hospitality
Simply this law can be said theory and practical. If you believe in karma or result, you should follow the rules. If you think of good things, you should try to make it happen. Otherwise, your belief and action have no connection in reality.
9. The law of here and now
This moment, the present moment is very important. The meaning of ‘the law of here and now’ is that you should focus on the present. If you think most of past experiences and feelings, you will live in memories. And if you think too much of the future, you will not get the expected result. So learning from the past, working at present can make your future brighter.
10. The law of change
Until you learn from history and change your actions or paths, it repeats itself to teach you. So doing something unnatural can cause big trouble. Nature always gives us what we need. Consequently, if you do harmful things, it brings something unexpected that is out of your control. So be natural.
11. The law of patience and reward
To reach the goal of your life, you have to walk a long way. Success only comes if you have consistency in your work. That means you have to be patience and hard work to make dream comes true. This is the meaning of the law of patience and reward.
12. The law of significance and inspiration
Every single thing you do has an impact in nature. Whatever it is small or big, it will create a vibration in the universe. So if your action is bad, it will create a bad reflection and if you do well, it will bring happiness for all. So you have significant value and boundless power of inspiration that can make the world more beautiful and you should always try to think positive, speak positive and do positive.
Now, you have a clear idea about karma, how does it work and the laws of karma. It will be clearer by reading karma quotes. Here I have enlisted 100+ karma quotes by many popular and influential people.
Karma quotes of life
- “You cannot control the results, only your actions.” — Allen Lokos
- “The Law of Karma is also called the Law of Cause and Effect, Action and Reaction and: as you sow, so shall you reap.” — Sham Hinduja
- “People pay for what they do, and still more, for what they have allowed themselves to become. And they pay for it simply: by the lives they lead.” — Edith Wharton
- “The law is simple. Every experience is repeated or suffered till you experience it properly.” — Ben Okri
- “Karma is a tricky thing. To serve Karma, one must repay good Karma to others.” — M.R. Mathias
- “Don’t waste time on revenge. The people who hurt you will eventually face their own karma.” — Unknown
- “I believe in a lot of karma. Your actions make your future.” — Shallu Jindal
- ““Before you begin on the journey of revenge, dig two graves.” — Unknown
“This is your karma. You do not understand now, but you will understand later.” — H. Raven Rose
“Karma is a cruel mistress.” — Kelley York
“Karma bides it’s time. You will always have to watch out. Karma is unforgiving and always gets payback.” — Benjamin Bayani
- “As long as karma exists, the world changes. There will always be karma to be taken care of.” — Nina Hagen
- “Sooner or later in life, we will all take our own turn being in the position we once had someone else in.” — Unknown
- “Karma can be seen as a curse or a gift because it keeps us attached to this world.” — Abdullah Fort
- “If your actions were to boomerang back on you instantly, would you still act the same?” — Alexandra Katehakis
Powerful Karma quotes
- “You have to be very careful when involving yourself with someone else’s karma.” — Brownell Landrum
“Whatever story you create in your life, you deserve your own Karma.” — Cocoy McCoy
“Behind every effect there is a cause.” — Suzy Kassem
“Nothing happens by chance, by fate. You create your own fate by your actions. That’s Karma.” — Unknown
- “Life is painful. It has thorns, like the stem of a rose. Culture and art are the roses that bloom on the stem. The flower is yourself, your humanity. Art is the liberation of the humanity inside yourself.”
“When you see a good person, think of becoming like her/him. When you see someone not so good, reflect on your own weak points.” — Confucius
- “Right now, whatever is happening in your life is the result of your own actions in the past. So, choose only the best in the present so that your future will be as beautiful as you are.” — Unknown
- “Fate depends on our karma. Everyone is responsible for his or her destiny!” — Unknown
- Karma has a surprising way of taking care of situations. All you have to do is to sit back and watch.” — Unknown
- “You cannot do harm to someone because someone has done harm to you. You will pay just like they will.” — Ericka Williams
- “You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice.” — Unknown
- “Whatever you give to life, it gives you back. Do not hate anybody. The hatred which comes out from you will someday come back to you. Love others. And love will come back to you.” — Unknown
- “If you give a good thing to the world, then over time your karma will be good, and you’ll receive well.” — Russell Simmons
“Worthless people blame their karma.” — Burmese Proverb
“Even if things don’t unfold the way you expected, don’t be disheartened or give up. One who continues to advance will win in the end.” — Unknown
- “Nothing happens by chance, by fate. You create your own fate by your actions. That’s Karma.” — Unknown
- “For the keynote of the law of Karma is equilibrium, and nature is always working to restore that equilibrium whenever through man’s acts it is disturbed.” — Unknown
“There are the waves and there is the wind, seen and unseen forces. Everyone has these same elements in their lives, the seen and unseen, karma and free will.” — Guan Yin
- “It is impossible to build one’s own happiness on the unhappiness of others. This perspective is at the heart of Buddhist teachings.” — Unknown
- “Whatever we do lays a seed in our deepest consciousness, and one day that seed will grow.” — Sakyong Mipham
- “Every action of our lives touches on some chord that will vibrate in eternity.” — Edwin Hubbel Chapin
“Your believing or not believing in karma has no effect on its existence, nor on its consequences to you. Just as a refusal to believe in the ocean would not prevent you from drowning.” — Unknown
- “Those who pray for your downfall are concentrating negative thoughts towards you.” — Michael Bassey Johnson
Influential karma quotes
- “Give up your selfishness, and you shall find peace; like water mingling with water, you shall merge in absorption.” — Sri Guru Granth Sahib
- “The love you send into the world, you will find, is the love that returns to you.” — Avina Celeste
“You must acknowledge and experience this part of the universe. Karma is intricate, too vast. You would, with your limited human senses, consider it too unfair. But you have tools to really, truly love. Loving the children is very important. But love everyone as you would love your children.” — Kuan Yin
“I’m a true believer in karma. You get what you give, whether it’s bad or good.” — Unknown
“It is a rule of life that we eventually become victims of the evil we do to others.” — Wayne Gerard Trotman
- “Eventually you are answerable to yourself for your deeds. Be good and do good!” — Harsh Agrawal
“Not only is there often a right and wrong, but what goes around does come around, Karma exists.” — Donald Van De Mark
“Dangerous consequences will follow when politicians and rulers forget moral principles.” — Dalai Lama
- “In this world, it is not worth finding anyone’s faults. One becomes bound (by karma) by finding faults.” — Dada Bhagwan
“I’m not a believer in karma. The reason why I try to be a good person is because I think it’s the right thing.” — Daniel Handler
“Leave behind the passive dreaming of a rose-tinted future. The energy of happiness exists in living today with roots sunk firmly in reality’s soil.”— Unknown
“But this was what happened when you didn’t want to visit and confront the past: the past starts visiting and confronting you.” — Bret Easton Ellis
- “The tired wisdom of knowing that what goes around eventually comes around.” — Arundhati Roy
“One who speaks ‘completely’ negative creates karmic obstructions.” — Dada Bhagwan
“What goes around comes back around.”— Unknown
Karma quotes on action and re-action
- “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.”
— Wayne Dyer
- “Karma bides it’s time. You will always have to watch out. Karma is unforgiving and always gets payback.” — Benjamin Bayani
“Realize that everything connects to everything else.” — Leonardo Da Vinci
“Karma, simply put, is an action for an action, good or bad.” — Stephen Richards
“Every action has equal and opposite reaction. This is law of the universe and spares none. Wrong done and injustice inflicted is paid back in the same coin. No one has escaped justice of the universe. It is only a matter of time.” — Anil Sinha
- “I try to live with the idea that karma is a very real thing. So I put out what I want to get back.” — Megan Fox
“Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness. How do you know this is the experience you need? Because this is the experience you are having at the moment.” — Unknown
“Thoughts lead on to purposes; purposes go forth in action; actions form habits; habits decide character; and character fixes our destiny.” — Tryon Edwards
“Like gravity, karma is so basic we often don’t even notice it.” — Sakyong Mipham
- “Karma is not just about the troubles, but also about surmounting them.” — Rick Springfield
“There is a wonderful mythical law of nature that the three things we crave most in life — happiness, freedom, and peace of mind — are always attained by giving them to someone else.” — Peyton Conway March
“Constant kindness can accomplish much. As the sun makes ice melt, kindness causes misunderstanding, mistrust, and hostility to evaporate.” — Albert Schweitzer
“We don’t find love, love finds us. What you put out into the universe will find its way back to you.” — Raneem Kayyali
“Karma moves in two directions. If we act virtuously, the seed we plant will result in happiness. If we act non-virtuously, suffering results.” — Sakyong Mipham
“Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.” — Robert Louis Stevenson
Bitter truth karma quotes
- “The universe does not carry debts, it always returns back to you what you gave it.” — Drishti Bablani
- “No one can escape karma. Two events which may, at first, seem disconnected can be karmically connected. After all, karma works on a spiritual level which may manifest itself physically in a myriad of seemingly unrelated ways.” — Charbel Tadros
- “Show a little faith in someone when they need it. It’s amazing how it comes back around to you.” — Garon Whited
“Karma is like boomerang, bad the karma bigger the force.” — Naresh Soni
“Karma comes after everyone eventually.” — Jessica Brody
“Strange things conspire when one tries to cheat fate.” — Rick Riordan
- “When you plant a seed of love, it is you that blossoms.” — Ma Jaya Sati Bhagavati
“Someday people will ask me what is the key to my success…and I will simply say, Good Karma.” — K. Crumley
“Many believe in karma but I take it to a whole different level.” — Vincent Alexandria
- “Individuals create themselves through their moral choices.” — Damien Keown
- “It is called as ‘discharge’ (karma) when one has to do it compulsorily and against his wishes.” — Dada Bhagwan
- “Revenge will never solve anything, KARMA will.” — Unknown
“Karma has no menu. You get served what you deserve.” — Unknown
“Those who have lied & been deceitful will ultimately pay the price in the long run.” — Unknown
- “There’s a natural law of karma that vindictive people, who go out of their way to hurt others, will end up broke and alone.” — Sylvester Stallone
Effective karma quotes
“Still others commit all sorts of evil deeds, claiming karma doesn’t exist. They erroneously maintain that since everything is empty, committing evil isn’t wrong. Such persons fall into a hell of endless darkness with no hope of release. Those who are wise hold no such conception.” — Bohidharma
- “No need for revenge. Just sit back and wait. Those who hurt you will eventually screw up themselves and if you’re lucky, God will let you watch.” — Unknown
- “Nobody deserves misery but sometimes it’s just your turn.” — Unknown
- “My actions are my only true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground upon which I stand.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
“Karma comes after everyone eventually. You can’t get away with screwing people over your whole life, I don’t care who you are. What goes around comes around. That’s how it works. Sooner or later the universe will serve you the revenge that you deserve.” — Unknown
“Even chance meetings are the result of karma… Things in life are fated by our previous lives. That even in the smallest events there’s no such thing as coincidence.” — Unknown
- “I would never disrespect any man, woman, chick or child out there. We’re all the same. What goes around comes around, and karma kicks us all in the butt in the end of the day.” — Angie Stone
“If a householder moulds himself according to the circumstances just like nature moulds herself according to seasons and performs his Karma then only shall he acquire happiness.” — Rig Veda“When you carry out acts of kindness you get a wonderful feeling inside. It is as though something inside your body responds and says, yes, this is how I ought to feel.” — Harold Kushner
- “Karma is a balance sheet of life which debits and credit all your deeds. Which is audited by our creator and actions are based on what we accumulated in it.” — Abhysheq Shukla
- “If you give the slightest pain to any living being, then in the form of pain, the pain-giving-karma will give you its ‘fruit’. So think before you hurt any living being.” — Dada Bhagwan
- “Violence does, in truth, recoil upon the violent, and the schemer falls into the pit which he digs for another.” — Arthur Conan Doyle
“Karma is extremely efficient, if one is extremely patient.” — Efrat Cybulkiewicz
“The thing you know as Karma, does not really exist the way you think. It can only exist through the law of causality, which means, when you make efforts to achieve something, the results do indeed occur, given enough time, resources and above all, perseverance.” — Abhijit Naskar
- “Love your neighbor, even the ones who do not show you the same courtesy.” — Alexandra Elle
- “Regardless of what we do, our karma has no hold on us.” — Bodhidharma
Final thoughts on karma quotes
I know, believing in karma is vary from man to man. Because everyone has his own ideology. So above mentioned karma quotes are also their own view on karma.
But what do you think about karma and karma quotes?
Did you like these karma quotes? If your answer is ‘yes’, then click the hit button and share in your social accounts to know more people about karma.
Or do you have something else on your mind? Feel free to share your thoughts on karma quotes and let me know by commenting below. Thank you. Be mindful and be happy.