Friendship is one of the most valuable relationships in our life. Having a true friend means you are the luckiest person in the world. Because friendship is made in heaven but we owed and celebrated this relationship on Earth. To celebrate your Friendship Day, to make your relationship lifelong, I have listed 80 awesome Happy Friendship Day Quotes. May your day be brighter and more colorful by the power of true friendship.
Life is full of surprises. On the way to life, we have met many people. Some of them come and go, but very few of them come and win our hearts. Have you ever thought, how an unknown person becomes one of the closest people in life?
Actually that is the nature of life, you never know when who will come next. But by the time being, we feel intimacy and love that person. That is how a strange person becomes a friend.
Do you know the meaning of friend? If you don’t know the meaning of friend, let me tell you the full meaning. ‘Friend’ has six words. Every word has a proper meaning. Take a look below.
Friendship is beyond time
F = Free from all formalities
R = Right to say anything
I = Ideal companion
E = Either good or bad
N = No sorry no thanks
D = Dear to dearest one
Happy Friendship Day
Friendship day is a day when all the friends come together and celebrate togetherness. There is no specific method to celebrate friendship day. It varies from man to man. You are allowed to celebrate your own way with friends.
When is Friendship Day?
Friendship Day is celebrated on the first Sunday of August every year. This year it will be held on 4th August 2020.
So I hope this year’s friendship day, all of you will get together, remember the happiest moments you passed away and keep the smile. Now take a deep look at the friendship day quotes and wishes that I collected only for you to celebrate a happy friendship day.
Friendship Day Quotes About Friend
- “A real friend walks in, when the rest of the world walks out.” — Walter Winchell
- “Someone who takes your hand and touches your heart is a friend.”
- “A friend knows what song is in your heart and when you forgot the words he can sing it back to you.”
- “The best friend’s love is always there for you when you have forgotten how to love yourself.”
- “Your friend is the man who knows all about you, and still likes you.” — Elbert Hubard
- “A friend always believes in you when you have ceased to believe in yourself.”
- “He is there for you when he’d rather be anywhere else, he is friend.”
- “A friend is what the heart needs all the time.” — Henry Van Dyke
“A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.” — Arnold H. Glasgow
- “A true friend is one of the nicest and best things that you can have and you can be.” — Douglas Pagels
- “My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.” — Henry Ford
- “A friend is like a hand that always holds you, no matter where ever you may be. A friend is always there and will always, always care.”
- “A true friend can see the truth and pain in you even when you are fooling everyone else.”
- “A friend is someone who knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.” — William Shakespeare
- “A friend never abandons you, rather he gives you total freedom to be yourself.”
Friendship Day Quotes About Friendship
- “True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is seldom known until it be lost.” — Charles Caleb Colton
- “Friendship is the most precious thing for which you’d take a bullet. But not in the head, it can be in the leg or something.”
“Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art… It has no survival value; rather is one of those things that give value to survival.” — C. S. Lewis
“Friendship is like a medicine, whenever I am sad it heals me naturally.”
“Friendship is like a perennial river that flows forever flawlessly. It may change the direction of its path but will never ever dry up.” — Pinaki Prasad Mohanty
“Friendship is the greatest gift of life and I have received it.” — Hubert H. Humphrey
“Friendship is a gift. A true gift that never fades. Cherish and live it and try to make the most of it.”
- “The language of friendship is not words but meanings.” — Henry David Thoreau
- “Friendship… is not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.” — Muhammad Ali
“Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity.” — Khalil Gibran
“The better part of one’s life consists of his friendships.” — Abraham Lincoln
- “There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship.” — Thomas Aquina
- “Friendship is not about how long you know each other. Rather it’s about who walked into your life, told: ‘I am here for you’ and proved it clearly.”
“One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood.” — Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- “Friendship is the flower that is ready to bloom every hour in your life.”
- “Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together.” — Woodrow T. Wilson
Best Friendship Day Quotes
- “True and royal friends are not easy to choose, hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.”
“Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.” — Anais Nin
“My friends are my estate.” — Emily Dickinso
“You can’t find the greatest gift in a store nor under a tree, but in the hearts of true friends.”
“There are friendships imprinted on our hearts that will never be diminished by time and distance.” — Dodinsky
- “Don’t walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don’t walk behind me, I may not lead. Walk beside me and be my friend.” — Albert Camus
“If life is a dish, friends are the most important ingredient in this recipe.”
“A hug is worth a thousand words. But a true friend is worth more than that.”
“Best friends are the people who come into your life to make you laugh louder, smile brighter and live better!”
“In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” — Martin Luther King Jr.
“Everyone is a friend, until they prove otherwise.”
- “I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.” — Thomas A. Edison
“Every person who comes in your life is a new door to a different world.”
Happy Friendship Day Quotes
“It takes a long time to grow an old friend.” — John Leonard
“One loyal friend is worth ten thousand relatives.” — Euripides
- “If you have two friends in your lifetime, you’re lucky. If you have one good friend, you’re more than lucky.” — S. E. Hinton
“I get by with a little help from my friends.” — John Lennon
“Anybody can sympathise with the sufferings of a friend, but it requires a very fine nature to sympathise with a friend’s success.” — Oscar Wilde
- “Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up.” — Bible: Ecclesiastes
- “Don’t look for someone who will solve all your problems. Instead look for someone who won’t let you to face them alone.”
“One of the most beautiful discovery that true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.”
“Two may talk together under the same roof for many years, yet never really meet; and two others at first speech are old friends.” — Mary Catherwood
“If you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.” — Muhammad Ali
“I might give my life for my friend, but he had better not ask me to do up a parcel.” — Logan Pearsall Smith
- “The path of life can become easy to travel and easy to cross each hurdle if there is a true friend.”
“Your best friend is only you.”
Everlasting Friendship Day Quotes
- “Life is not about the quantity of friends, rather it is about the quality of friends you have.”
“If you can survive 11 days in cramped quarters with a friend and come out laughing, your friendship is the real deal.” — Oprah Winfrey
“To be depressed is to be lonely; to have a friend is to be happy…”
“My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.” — Henry Ford
- “Find a new friend if your friends don’t push you to be your best.”
“Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend.” — Martin Luther King, Jr.
“When hours feel like moments you know you are with good friends.” — Emily Beckett
“Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.” — Mark Twain
“Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.” — Helen Keller
“Things are never quite as scary when you’ve got a best friend.” — Bill Watterson
Friendship Day Wishes and messages
- “Dear friend, you know all about me, you know all about us. So, my dear, you are very special gift to me. Thank you for being a good friend to me.”
“You are true friend. You know my past – you know it very well, my present – you understand it clearly and my future – you believe it like no one else. So my promise to you: I’ll always be with you all days and nights.”
“Happy friendship day, my dear friend. My feelings for you can’t be expressed in words, love is all that is in my heart and care for you my friend. My only dream and hope is to remain together forever.”
- “We are connected by emotions, assembled by dreams, joined by hopes and not by blood. We hold this beautiful relation. Happy Friendship Day.”
“My lovely friend, you are the best gift that the God has just sent only for me. Your valuable presence makes me happy. Thank you. Happy Friendship Day.”
“You are the best creations of God. I am blessed with it. Love you to the moon and back.”
“Every moment is a celebration when I am with you. Every day is a festival to enjoy when I am with you.”
“I promise, I will be with you and wrapped around you just like a friendship band.”
“My dear friend, No matter how far you are, remember, you are always near and inside my heart. Happy friendship day.”
“You are as sweet as sugar, as tasty as delicious food, you are my all-time favorite dishes I would love to eat. Thank you for coming into my life, my dear friend.”
“Your friendship, your love and your affection, for everything thank you. You are the best friend. I miss you a lot. Wishing you a very happy life on this happy friendship day.”
“You know, you are a very important person in my life. On this happy friendship day, I want to be the first one to wish you and make you smile.”
“You do everything for me. You comfort me, you smile me, you inspire me, and you understand me. You are the one whom I can rely on. Thanks for being there with me whenever I need you. Happy Friendship Day.”
Final Thoughts on Friendship Day Quotes
Friendship has something special power that can cross all the boundaries of distances on the basis of trust and understanding. A real friend is a blessing for you. He will show you the right path like a shooting star. So always try to be a best friend.
Did you like these friendship day quotes? Which one was your favorite? Share your thoughts by commenting below. Thank you. Be mindful and be happy.
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.