Before digging into deep Elon Musk Quotes, let me ask you a question? Do you know who Elon Musk is? How did he become the richest person on earth? What is his motto?
I know you might be surprised after reading all the questions. Yes, I am assuming, you heard his name but don’t know his background clearly. That’s why I have included a short life history of Elon Musk so that you can understand his ideology.
Who is Elon Musk?
Elon Musk’s Family Life:
Elon Musk’s full name is Elon Reeve Musk. It was 28th June 1971 when he was born in South-Africa. His father’s name is Errol Musk who was an electro-mechanical engineer, a pilot, and also a sailor earlier. His mother’s name is Maye Musk was a Canadian-South African model and dietitian.
Errol and Maye’s family has three children. Elon is the youngest one between them. The older brother Kimbal runs The Kitchen Restaurant Group which is a family of community restaurant concepts located in several places like Colorado, Chicago, Cleveland, Memphis, and Indianapolis. He is an American entrepreneur, Philanthropist, and restaurateur.
His only sister’s name is Tosca Musk who is a filmmaker by profession. She has directed feature films, television programs, and web content. She worked on the famous series Driven, written by K. Bromberg. She also worked on other popular series like Hollywood Dirt, A kind of Magic, and Tiki Bar Tv.
Conjugal Life of Elon Musk:
Justine Wilson was the first wife of Elon Musk. She was his classmate in the university and they got married in 2000. After eight years of living together they got divorced. Then he started a relationship with the English actress Talulah Riley. In 2010, he married her but it also lasted only for two years. Interestingly, they reconciled in 2013 and got married again. But the sad part is that it didn’t work out. They divorced again in 2016.
Education and Career of Elon Musk:
Since his childhood, Elon Musk had an interest in technology. At the age of 10, he started to develop computer languages. In 1984 at his 12, he developed his first video game named ‘Blaster’. Later on, he received $500 for revealing and publishing that code.
In 1989, he admitted to Queen’s University of Canada and after two years, in 1992 came back to America to attend an undergraduate degree in economics at the University of Pennsylvania.
He started his career with a software company, named ZIP2. He founded many companies e.g. X.com, SpaceX, and Tesla. Besides that, he established SolarCity to provide solar systems. That company became the 2nd largest solar power system provider in the USA in 2013. He is also working in the field of artificial intelligence by creating OpenAI.
Lastly, in 2021 he became the richest person in the world and at present, his net worth is $188 billion.
By reading Elon Musk quotes, you will understand his ideology, thoughts, and vision. So, let’s start.
Elon Musk Quotes
- “Destiny, destiny – No escaping that for me.”
- “Entertainment will be critical when cars drive themselves.”
- “Laws of thermodynamics: 1. You can’t win 2. You can’t break even 3. You can’t stop playing.”
- “Much of what people think of a science is actually engineering, e.g., no such thing as a ‘rocket scientist’, only rocket engineers. Latter is who put humans on the moon.”
- “The Phantom of the Opera Is here … inside your mind.”
- “Should we believe things proportionate to the evidence that they are true? – yes.”
- “When space travel becomes as common as air travel, the future of civilization will be assured.”
- “The left is losing the middle”
- “Goal of government should be to maximize the happiness of the people. Giving each person money allows them to decide what meets their needs, rather than the blunt tool of legislation, which creates self-serving special interests.”
- “You don’t have a soul; you are a soul.”
11th Elon Musk Quotes
“It’s ok to have your eggs in one basket, as long as you control what happens to that basket.”
- “Don’t delude yourself into thinking something’s working when it’s not, or you’re gonna get fixated on a bad solution.”
- “If you get up in the morning and think the future is going to be better, it is a bright day. Otherwise, it’s not.”
- “Failure is an option here. If things are not failing, you are not innovating enough.”
- “Really pay attention to negative feedback and solicit it, particularly from friends. … Hardly anyone does that, and it’s incredibly helpful.”
- “When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.”
- “What makes innovative thinking happen? … I think it’s really a mindset. You have to decide.”
- “I think it’s very important to have a feedback loop, where you’re constantly thinking about what you’ve done and how you could be doing it better.”
- “Some people don’t like change, but you need to embrace change if the alternative is a disaster.”– Elon Musk Quotes About Change In Life
- “I’m interested in things that change the world or that affect the future and wondrous, new technology where you see it, and you’re like, ‘Wow, how did that even happen? How is that possible?’”
- “You have to say, ‘Well, why did it succeed where others did not?’”
- “Persistence is very important. You should not give up unless you are forced to give up.”
- “We’re going to make it happen. As God is my bloody witness, I’m hell-bent on making it work.”
- “I could either watch it happen or be a part of it.”
27th Elon Musk Quotes
“I think it is possible for ordinary people to choose to be extraordinary.”
- “We have a strict ‘no-assholes policy’ at SpaceX.”
- “There’s a tremendous bias against taking risks. Everyone is trying to optimize their ass-covering.”
- “I say something, and then it usually happens. Maybe not on schedule, but it usually happens.”
- “I do think there is a lot of potential if you have a compelling product and people are willing to pay a premium for that. I think that is what Apple has shown. You can buy a much cheaper cell phone or laptop, but Apple’s product is so much better than the alternative, and people are willing to pay that premium.”
- “When Henry Ford made cheap, reliable cars, people said, ‘Nah, what’s wrong with a horse?’ That was a huge bet he made, and it worked.”
33th Elon Musk Quotes
- “It’s very important to like the people you work with, otherwise your life and your job is gonna be quite miserable.”
- “Any product that needs a manual to work is broken.”
- “Take risks now and do something bold. You won’t regret it.”
- “If you go back a few hundred years, what we take for granted today would seem like magic-being able to talk to people over long distances, to transmit images, flying, accessing vast amounts of data like an oracle. These are all things that would have been considered magic a few hundred years ago.”
- “I don’t think it’s a good idea to plan to sell a company.”
- “I think we have a duty to maintain the light of consciousness to make sure it continues into the future.”
- “I don’t create companies for the sake of creating companies, but to get things done.”
- “My biggest mistake is probably weighing too much on someone’s talent and not someone’s personality. I think it matters whether someone has a good heart.”
41th Elon Musk Quotes
“As much as possible, avoid hiring MBAs. MBA programs don’t teach people how to create companies.”
- “I’ve actually not read any books on time management.”
- “You want to have a future where you’re expecting things to be better, not one where you’re expecting things to be worse.”
- “My motivation for all my companies has been to be involved in something that I thought would have a significant impact on the world.”
- “If the rules are such that you can’t make progress, then you have to fight the rules.”
- “There have to be reasons that you get up in the morning and you want to live. Why do you want to live? What’s the point? What inspires you? What do you love about the future? If the future does not include being out there among the stars and being a multi-planet species, I find that incredibly depressing.”
47th Elon Musk Quotes
“Talent is extremely important. It’s like a sports team, the team that has the best individual player will often win, but then there’s a multiplier from how those players work together and the strategy they employ.”
- “The path to the CEO’s office should not be through the CFO’s office, and it should not be through the marketing department. It needs to be through engineering and design.”
- “You shouldn’t do things differently just because they’re different. They need to be… better.”
- “Being an entrepreneur is like eating glass and staring into the abyss of death.”
- “Starting and growing a business is as much about the innovation, drive, and determination of the people behind it as the product they sell.”
52th Elon Musk Quotes
“Don’t confuse schooling with education. I didn’t go to Harvard but the people that work for me did.”
- “If you’re trying to create a company, it’s like baking a cake. You have to have all the ingredients in the right proportion.”
- “People work better when they know what the goal is and why. It is important that people look forward to coming to work in the morning and enjoy working.”
- “Brand is just a perception, and perception will match reality over time. Sometimes it will be ahead, other times it will be behind. But a brand is simply a collective impression some have about a product.”
- “There are really two things that have to occur in order for new technology to be affordable to the mass market. One is you need economies of scale. The other is you need to iterate on the design. You need to go through a few versions.”
57th Elon Musk Quotes
- “Constantly think about how you could be doing things better. Keep questioning yourself.”
- “If something has to be designed and invented, and you have to figure out how to ensure that the value of the thing you create is greater than the cost of the inputs, then that is probably my core skill.”
- “I wouldn’t say I have a lack of fear. In fact, I’d like my fear emotion to be less because it’s very distracting and fries my nervous system.”
- “I don’t believe in process. In fact, when I interview a potential employee and he or she says that ‘it’s all about the process,’ I see that as a bad sign. The problem is that at a lot of big companies, the process becomes a substitute for thinking. You’re encouraged to behave like a little gear in a complex machine. Frankly, it allows you to keep people who aren’t that smart, who aren’t that creative.”
- “People should pursue what they’re passionate about. That will make them happier than pretty much anything else.”
- “When somebody has a breakthrough innovation, it is rarely one little thing. Very rarely, it is one little thing. It’s usually a whole bunch of things that collectively amount to a huge innovation.”
63th Elon Musk Quotes
“Great companies are built on great products.”
- “I always invest my own money in the companies that I create. I don’t believe in the whole thing of just using other people’s money. I don’t think that’s right. I’m not going to ask other people to invest in something if I’m not prepared to do so myself.” – Elon Musk Quotes About Business
- “It is a mistake to hire huge numbers of people to get a complicated job done. Numbers will never compensate for talent in getting the right answer (two people who don’t know something are no better than one), will tend to slow down progress, and will make the task incredibly expensive.”
- “Good ideas are always crazy until they’re not.”
- “I would just question things… It would infuriate my parents… That I wouldn’t just believe them when they said something caused I’d ask them why. And then I’d consider whether that response made sense given everything else I knew.”
- “A company is a group organized to create a product or service, and it is only as good as its people and how excited they are about creating. I do want to recognize a ton of super-talented people. I just happen to be the face of the companies.”
- “If you’re co-founder or CEO, you have to do all kinds of tasks you might not want to do… If you don’t do your chores, the company won’t succeed… No task is too menial.”
- “I think the best way to attract venture capital is to try and come up with a demonstration of whatever product or service it is and ideally take that as far as you can. Just see if you can sell that to real customers and start generating some momentum. The further along you can get with that, the more likely you are to get funding.”
- “Work like hell. I mean you just have to put in 80 to 100 hour weeks every week. This improves the odds of success. If other people are putting in 40-hour workweeks and you’re putting in 100-hour workweeks, then even if you’re doing the same thing, you know that you will achieve in four months what it takes them a year to achieve.”
Final Thoughts On Elon Musk Quotes
I hope these mind-blowing and positive quotes will make you see the things in different angles. Because his ideology is sharper, brighter, and quite different from many other renowned rich men.
Which one did you like most?
Let us know your thoughts about Elon Musk Quotes by commenting below. If you have any other thoughts, feel free to share them with us. Thank you for reading this and be with us at betterlifethoughts. May you be happy, may you be free from scarcity.